Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Old habits die hard

Most people I meet or work with are from the Quality field and almost all of them hate Microsoft Office 2007. Even though office 2007 is available on their computers, everyone continues to use Microsoft Office 2003 because 2003 is so easy to use.

Initially, my reaction to Office 2007 was the same...it is different and too difficult to use. Using the online help I slowly I started using Office 2007.
The online help was helpful to find out how to use a particular feature, or where it is located at. It took sometime to figure out the new GUI and new features. Once I was comfortable with the menus and tool bar, I liked Office 2007. Now I use Office 2007 to create all my documents/presentations.

The saying "Old habits die hard" is so true.
If one takes the time to learn something new, down the road it helps. Learning something new is time consuming and challenging as it requires one to come out of the comfort zone. But if one has the will to change, old habits can die!

No comments: